I’ve done this for the last couple of books I’ve released and thought it’d be fun to show you, the readers, the steps that I will undergo to get the book ready to be released and what stage I’m presently on. So, without further ado, here we go!
My steps for releasing a book:
- Finish writing the flippin’ book finished!
- Finalize book cover finished!
- Give to wife (Beta Reader #1). Correct any advised changes. finished!
- Get the pdf into the hands of my Beta Readers. finished!
- Get the pdf into the hands of my primary proofer. You know who you are. finished!
- Revise manuscript to reflect changes. in progress
- Format the manuscript for KDP submission (Amazon) – takes up to 24 hrs. in progress
- Format the manuscript for Smashwords distribution – can take around a week to show up for Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Diesel, etc. in progress
- Format the manuscript for Createspace release – this is the print edition. in progress
- Pull out notebook and start working on Tales of Lentari #3! in progress